zaterdag 27 augustus 2011

4 days.....

until my birthday, so it's about time you get a present for me! Hurry up! Don't come crying that they didn't had it, you can go out right now. Chop chop, move. You know what I want!

Yes, 4 days until I turn 28. Magical it isn't. It's devastating. It's horror. When I want to retire here in the Netherlands, I have to work till the age of 67. So 39 years to go. That is pretty long. Too long. Can't imagine me working when I am nearly dead. Bleh.



28. Some of you haven't reached that age yet, and some of you already passed it years ago. Jealous? You shouldn't be. You should be proud of the age you are. Live life. There is only one life to live. And make the best out of it. Because I am....well, sort of. But if I continue the way I do right now, a burn out is near. Nearer than my retirement. 27 and a burn out? Yes, you can. Trust me, you don't need to be old to have that.

How are you? I am fine. Slept crappy, and my eyes aren't awake yet. My ears are nice and clean now! Bless a cotton bud. Today and tomorrow I am working, and it's probably the busiest weekend we had in a long time. And who else do you put behind the till? The craziest of them all, me! The one that can help customers while thinking of an island in the Pacific. The one that is quicker than a storm. Quick? You haven't seen quick yet, matey! I am so fast, customers are baffled by my quickness! Some customers specially come to the station after their holidays to see me work. That ain't a lie! I am like a robot behind the till. Zoef zoef, roef roef.

A robot, that's me. I even sell things people didn't buy. Like last week. A bus full of ze french. Horrible? A bit. They were all ravers going to Decibel, a big rave. And they were at my petrol station pretty early. They all needed the loo, so I let them. Having a angry frenchman isn't pleasant, so I let them. And one of the last persons who entered the shop, came to the till to pay for a bottle of water and something else, can't remember what else. He had an open can of Red Bull in his hand, and he shouted to me that he bought it somewhere else! I shouted back "you think that I am stupid? You don't walk into a shop with a drink they sell there? Come on, give me the barcode!" I scanned it, he paid for it, and got so angry, he threw the can to the till! Lol, that's active selling!

Was I hurt? Nope. But pissed off, the whole till was covered in Red Bull. And I couldn't mop the floor, because customers kept coming in, and due to safety reasons I wasn't allowed alone in the shop (the window was closed). Bleh, sticky floor.

Hopefully tonight will go quickly. I don't want to have a shit shift, those are crappy. And when it's busy and the achievement is big, I am always happy. I am pleased pretty easy.

BUT NOT THAT EASY! Now come on, go to the shop and get me a present. I will have a cake and coffee for those who come. But don't think that you live far away is an excuse! It's shopping time! Chop chop! Or however you spell it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten