donderdag 4 augustus 2011

My looooooonnnngggg weeeekkkkeeennnddd (Part 1)

It's was a long weekend. A weekend with ups and downs. Mostly ups. Lots of laughter. Me and my girl had a lot of fun. I'll explain my weekend.

Friday I started my journey very early. I came out of my nightshift, and I was so knackered. My mum offered a lift to the station, so I could leave my car at her place, so she could watch over it. She did, bless her. I tried to get a short kip, but I couldn't. I knew it was my old bedroom, but it wasn't simply mine anymore. Stupid suntanning exquipment in there, like I had that when I lived there.

She dropped me off at Heerlen Station. From there the journey started. Suitcase and handluggae ready? Yes. So let's go. A quick kiss on the cheek, and on the train. My first exit would be Maastricht station, where I would take another train. My suitcase was bloody heavy, full of clothing.

I waited for the next train to arrive at 09:06 in the morning. And like 2 minutes before, the nice train station sound system lady announced that the train wasn't driving at all. And she was sorry. Sorry didn't help me at all. I asked the conductor at the station what my options were, because I had to catch the Eurostar. He said "take the next train, it will leave at 10:06". But the journey was approximately 2 hours, and my Eurostar train would leave at 12:25. So it would be a close call. Afraid as I was, I called NS Hispeed and asked for help. She kindly helped me out, by saying that if I would miss the train due to a delay caused by NS, I would be on the next train. Pfew, lucky sod. The train at 10:06 arrived, and took me to Liege (Belgium). From there, I needed another train to Brussel Midi. Bloody heavy suitcase, not suitable at all.

On the train to Brussel Midi, and everything was fine. But my mind was rushing and thinking "what if I miss the train?" I got at Brussel Midi, and had to rush from one end to the other. Fucking luggage annoyed the shit out of me! But I wasn't the only one late, so a lot of us rushed to the check-in. Passport check? Check! Metal detector? Check. On the train! Woohoo.

I got in London at some point, I can't remember right now. But what I do know is that my girls mum was waiting for me, because Hayley couldn't pick me up. She had to work. Bugger. So no nice snog from her. Could ask her mum..... neh! Lol.

It's was crowded at London St. Pancras. Don't ask me why, must have been the holidays. We got into the tube, the lovely tube. (The reason mum picked me up, is because Hayley had my Oyster card, and still has..... so next time someone has to pick me up again.....). I got at Hayley's house, and went straight to bed. I was so knackered, couldn't even stay awake to dream.

Hayley got back from work. And she looked nice in her suit. I love ladies in a suit. So sexy. I could talk about the dirty stuff on here, but I know it's not appreciated. It involves love making! Now I said enough. For those who might think..... she ain't getting pregnant!

We stayed in, and watched the Amy Winehouse documentary. I did it for her, and for the fact that there was nothing much on telly either. It was all shit.

Sleep! Yes, we both needed that. When we woke up the next day, we woke up early. We needed to catch the train to good ol' Brum (Birmingham). When we got to Marylebone, it was busy. One milkshake for Hays, for me a coffee and a quick fag. Once they announced the platform, everybody rushed to get on the train. 3 coaches for so many people. We were crowded. A lot of people had to stand all the way to Brum. Fuck sake. Shit trains. Thank God I could sit on my suitcase, or Hayley. It wasn't fun at all, but everybody felt the same.

When we got to Birmingham Moor Street, we were happy and pleased. The station was so nice to see,looked old school. It was a station that didn't belong in the brandspanking new Birmingham centre, but nobody cares. When we got out of the station, good ol' Googly Mappy helped us towards Brittania Hotel, on the new Street, next to Primark. The walk was short, maximum of 10 mins. But obviously Hayley had to guide us, and we all know ladies can not read maps. So we got lost. But I got us back on track!



When we saw the sign "Brittania Hotel" we were happy. But then we got scared, because the entrance was in a dark alley. OMG, what if it is dodgy? Shit. But when we entered, it was magical. Classic music, everywhere marble where your eyes could take you! A quick entry check, and we got the hotel keys. It was so nice. And my Hayley has thought of me, and she choose a smoking room. Not actually a smoking room, which could mean it is on fire!!!!

We entered the room, and there was a huge bed in the middle. A nice shitter, a nice bathtub. A TV, which we didn't use. And a window, with a shitty view. Hayley looked outside, and I thought (when I took my sock off) I could hit her with it. And I missed, and it fell outside. If someone sees a sock laying on a roof there, it's mine. I am sorry for that, please send it back to me.



We agreed to get some sleep first, and then we would go out. We ate something, I think we both had hamburgers. We saw a lot of emo's there, must have been an emo concert near. Or Birmingham is the gate to hell.... could be. But not in my eyes. It's such a lovely place, so wide and spacious.



After our food we went back to the hotel to get our clothing and hair and smells fixxed. I was ready hours before, Hayley obviously took hours...... Ladies do that.......

The next blog will be about the rave itself. I am to bored and tired to typ more, I'll do it tomorrow!!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten