vrijdag 5 augustus 2011

My looooooonnnngggg weeeekkkkeeennnddd (Part 2)

This is the second bit of our long weekend last week. I could have waited any longer with typing this, but I have probably forgotten alot by next week.

We were ready to hit Birmingham centre, Hayley was all dressed up, and I was...... well, I was ready hours ago. We determined that we sort out the way to the HMV Institute before we went back to the hotel, seeing as we both have never been there. Thanks, Google Maps. It was a short walk from Brittania Hotels to HMW Institute, 10 minutes maximum. We walked to it, got lost (passed some church and that chefs restaurant, Jamie Oliver). But we made it. The cue was short, we were there early. 10ish, I think. We were checked, and at the entrance we got in pretty quickly. We only needed to find our code, and that was it. Yes, we were in!!!!!!

OMG this building is big! As I said before, I've never been here before. We figured out that if we walked straight ahead, we would walk into the main room. So we walked downstairs, see what area was there. It was the Classic area, and DJ Sc@r was playing oldskool tunes. Yes, this is what I love and adore. Like Clear Vu said! She had a good time, and so did we. It was a bit empty in the beginning, but that didn't spoil the fun. Ok, let's get drinks. Hopefully it isn't expensive, like a famous club in London, where we paid more than 20 quid for four drinks. Nope, this was alright. And this was actually the first rave where they use a machine which has the price on it, so you don't need to be shouted at by the bartender. Handy machine! Should be introduced all around the world!

Sc@r was smashing it, but we wanted to see what this venue had to offer. What's this passage way next to the stage? A minor thing, the way around was poorly shown. You will figure out why in the next few lines.....



We got outside! Pfew, ciggie time. The atmosphere was relaxed. People were sitting down, chilling. But why? I thought they came for a reason, to level the floor even more by stamping hard!? Never mind, fag time was over, and we went back in again. We had to leave the Classic room, we wanted to explore. Upstairs then..... The Main Room. DJ Joey Riot was smashing it, and he had a great time. Me too! I went mental on his tracks. I think MC Wotsee was MCing, I am really bad in remembering things. But it was great! The atmosphere was laid down... it was so relaxed. Yeah, DJ, give it! And he did. But where is the other room? I am dutch, so European. And I want it a bit harder! So where's this famous Hardcore Techno room? Back on the stairway, and up. VIP? Nope, not where we needed to be. Ok, let's ask someone. "I ain't got a fokking clue". Yes, really helpfull. Bugger me. Where is it?

It took us half an hour to figure out where it was. Behind the toilets, or next to it (depends where you stand). But when we entered, I was shocked. It was empty! DJ Vortex was smashing it with Speedcore, it was ridicilous. It was hard too! But every rave I went to, where ever it is, always starts slowely, and end hard. So the hardcore would be first, and speedcore would end the night. But Vortex (no offense) had the honour to smash my ears to pulp. I can't stop listening, I have to continue.


Yes, this is what I came here for. DJ Marc Smith b2b DJ Brisk. Yes! European Gabber. Bring it on! Marc Smith was killing it, for real. Unbelievable. He was so bouncy behind the decks, and he must have destroyed them. Scratching all the way. DJ Sy has to watch out, Marc is on his way to become the King of Scratching.

Even though it wasn't packed to the max, the people where really cool with it. You had space to do your thing. And I did. Sweat? Yes, all over my body. The floor became so sticky, it felt like glue. Maybe next time other shoes? This is shit.

Brisk and Marc performed perfectly. A lot of famous European tracks, and I liked them all. It was so short, by the time I was covered from top to toe in sweat, it was over. Marc showed us some skills, and Brisk was off the stage.... maybe he ate to much Sinfull Sauces... Never mind.

I think Scott Brown was next. I don't know, sorry. My brain is still fucked. But I needed some fresh air, and a fag. So we walked outside. Outside was packed to the max, there were more people outside than inside of the Hardcore Techno room (let's call it the Hard Room, much easier to typ). Fag time over, let's get back inside. Downstairs. Yeah! Oldskool tunes. I love them. But we wanted to see who was playing upstairs.

Hixxy! The man himself. Busy as hell! No time to breathe, time to get moving. Moving? Well, just bounce up and down on one spot, there wasn't room to move, nor breathe. Ow? What the fok just happened? Equipment failure? That's a bummer. Or was it part of the show? Don't know, but the people all shouted at the DJ! And he got back to it quickly. I loved it. It wasn't to hard, if you compare it to the Hard Room, and not as slow as the Classic Room. It was nice!


MORE DRINKS, I'M GETTING DEHYDRATED!

DJ Brisk was back behind the decks again! This time in the mainroom! And I liked it. A lot of new tunes, and he just simply won't tell me which remix of "CLSM'S I will wait" he played. A lot of tunes which had breakbeat influenced bits in it, and I liked it alot. I don't know if it is a new thing in the UK Hardcore scene, but the room to breathe got a bit bigger. I think people still need to adapt to the sound. And they should! It's the best! Brisk started with famous UK tunes, and ended with famous EU tunes. Am I back upstairs again? No I wasn't. Why so short? I want this set to be longer!!! Meh. Brisk ended, and I needed to catch up with him. So I didn't see or hear who played after him. I am sorry! Had a long weekend, and catched as much as I could. But due to a fucked up timeline (my own timeline) I couldn't stay longer. A quick picture with Brisk, and a visit to the merchandise stand, and it was time to head back to the hotel.


It was quiet in Birmingham. And I loved it. OMG my ears must be bleeding. Such a weird feeling in my stomache. I want to go back, and hope this night would never end. But it did for me. And I would like to thank everybody at Uproar Summer Sounds for a wicked night. But please, next time, put the timetable online, so I could plan who to see and who I sadly can't see. And make the information a bit more visable. I couldn't find the Hard Room, it took half an hour. And a bit more lightening stuff in the hard room. It felt like all the equipment went into the main room, and upstairs was left out.

We went back to the hotel, and went to sleep. Woke up with our ears still messed up, and had a bath. We must get rid of the smell. Bleh. We were disgusting! A walk to the station had to be stalled, we needed to get birthday presents for uncle Martin. A quick tour around Brum, and then back to the station. Finally, a train where we could actually sit in. Marylebone station is where we got off, and took the tube to Oakwood. A quick walk, and we were home. Uncle Martin was there, and we talked a bit. After that a visit to the local Wetherspoons was necessary. We did it, got back home, and went to bed, because we had to wake up at 4 o'clock in the morning.



We woke up, got ready for the departure, and we got at St Pancras on time. A quick kiss, and a tear, and then... the journey back home. I wish this weekend never ended. My mum picked me up at Heerlen Station, and an hour later I took my own car, and drove home. I missed it a tiny bit. Hayleys room ain't big enough for a kingsize bed; that was the only thing I missed lol. And now I am here, and I miss Hayley.

For those DJ's who read this, can't you give me a job over there? So I don't need to come over every time, and I can live in the country I love and adore? Thanks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten