woensdag 13 juli 2011

Charity?

Should I do something for them? I've just been on the T-mobile site, and it had a brilliant item on it: send your old mobile to them, and then they do stuff with it, and all the money goes to charity. Sounds good, got several phones in the cupboard, which I don't use at all. I don't know if poor people in Zimbabwe want to use my old Nokia, but if it makes them happy, why not? I am thinking about it. It sounds cool. And if the phone wasn't useable, they said that it's full of parts which can be re-used again, and the money they make of selling that, goes into charity. Or however it works. I'm not sure, but it looks cool.

The last time I've done something for charity is years ago. Me and Hayley sat in a pub, when all of a sudden someone from the Salvation Army came by, and just moved his money box around. And a lot of people donated, they are the true heroes! In the Netherlands we had someone called major Bosshardt, she was one of the people who worked for the Salvation Army and did it till the end. She was 90-summit, and still worked hard, day and night for those people who needed it. She was awarded with a lot of titles, she deserved it. She was a heroin.



They are out on the street, even when we think it's too damn cold to be out. They serve food for the poor and homeless people. Me, I wouldn't do that. I donated in that man's box (that sounds so wrong). But I like the idea. It's so nice, and the dedication is huge.

We also do things on television, for charity. But I simply can't watch that shit. Celebraties on a bloody phone, collecting your money. What's the point in that? Why not let them donate millions! We work hard for our pennies, they do too. Why not let them donate something, instead of just answering the phone? Imagine me talking to the Prime Minister? Nope. I don't care, if I would donate money, I couldn't care less who answered the phone.

But I can't stop thinking..... where does the money go to? I've watched Red Nose Day thingy with Hayley, and it all looked cool. Gordon Brown with JLS and some other people around a table, that was funny. George Michael. That was funny. But then..... you could see people walking around in Africa, showing us europeans the poor people, and what our money can do to them. Looked nice, but who payed the airplane company for those tickets to Africa? Because it doesn't look free. Do all those people work for free? What about the camera man? The sound man? Do they charge themselves for working on it? I don't get the whole idea. It looks free, but who pays for all? Because the world doesn't spin around for free.

That's why I only donate to the Salvation Army. You can immediately see them working. They work for the money. And the amount of people who are homeless and poor, is so huge! I never thought it was that high. In the four biggest cities in the Netherlands, there are 20.000 people homeless. 20.000 people! Can you believe that? I can't. So hurray for the Salvation Army. Help our people! They need help too. And my pennies will go your way, whenever you are near!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten