zaterdag 9 juli 2011

Me and Music (part 4)

We are back on the music subject again. I've shown you in recent blogs what music is/does to me. And now I will inform you my recent musical experience. Everything music related will be put here. As you all know, I will be raving with Hayley in Birmingham the end of July. Never been to Birmingham, so that will be a new. I am a Birmingham virgin. Hopefully she treats me well.

Music is a great influence for me. It's bigger than any religion. Thank God that I am a non believer.... or am I? The amount of times I've used the term "Thank God" should give the game away. But I don't know. We ain't going to talk about God and Jesus, but music. And the power of music is bigger than anybody can imagine. As one DJ said "Music is our universal language". And it's true.

I've tweeted alot about my neighbours, that they must hate me for playing music very loud. I honoustly don't have a clue, because they have never complained to me. Not that I am waiting for that, but it's a fact. I must have a good and solid ceiling and floor. No beats and bass goes through that. I hope so, don't know it.

I've been addicted to other styles recently. But I like everything to be honoust. People are amazed when they are here in the flat, and I play the weirdest music. Classic music? What? You? Yes, me! Why not? Music is music. Music from the last century, like around the 1920s? I like it. Jazz? I like! Why not? It's beautiful. I don't like some music genre's, because they are dumb. Like Dutch music. I don't like this typ of music. Folk music ain't for me. No thanks.



Ok, I know you are thinking..... "but he likes his beats hard, his bass deep and the melodies strong?" Yes. But why not be open minded? Here's a list of all genre's I adore the most! Be prepared for a rollercoaster through dance music.... and see styles you have never heared off!

2step, acid, acidtechno, ambient, Bassline, breakbeat, breakcore, classical, classics, club, dancehall, darkcore, deephouse, disco, drum & bass, dubstep, early hardcore, early hardstyle, early rave, eclectic, electro, eurodance, french tek, frenchcore, funk, garage, goa, groove, happy hardcore, hardcore, harddance, hardhouse, hardstyle, hardtechno, hardtrance, hiphop, house, industrial hardcore, jump, jungle, lounge, minimal, new beat, oldschool, progressive, psytrance, r&b, raw hardstyle, reggae, reggaeton, salsa, schranz, soul, speedcore, techhouse, techno, tekno, terror, trance, tribal house, triphop, UK hardcore, urban.....

I tried to explain to Hayley the basic difference in music styles, but she doesn't understand it. She thinks it's all bass, beats and melody. All the same. All electro music. That's a bit discriminating. People who think that, you shouldn't think that. Because it isn't. As I said in a blog before, don't get me started lol.

She means it well. I will get her to know the difference to dutch Hardcore and english Hardcore. It's all about the B.B.M. (Beats, Bass and Melody, not Blackberry Messaging). The funniest thing is that my mum likes Trance music. She really likes it, all because of me! I've been to Sensation etc, and I was always into Trance music, so that's how she got familiar with it. My dad, he gave me the electro - virus. He was the first to listen to it. I think because him, I am the way I am. Thanks paps! You are a hero.

When me and Hayley were on the phone, we were talking about the rave (Uproar - Summer Sounds) and we were talking about the hotel. She didn't realise it that the rave starts at 10ish and ends at 6ish. She sounded a bit dissapointed, because it will be hours and hours of...... well..... fun for me. She will love it, the atmosphere will be cool. I can't wait. Maybe she will throw away those Madness CDs and buy some UK Hardcore CDs? I doubt it tho. But if she will throw them away, there will be an argument! I like Madness too. Not as much as her, but I do like it.

But sometimes I can't understand a word they are singing/saying. Sorry love, I ain't from London.

A funny thing to say tho, when someone asks you where you from. "My mothers vagina!"

Sorry!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten