dinsdag 7 juni 2011

After another day....

out at work, I am knackered. Me and my colleague went to Best today, for a training called product knowledgement. It was very entertaining in a way. And obviously I tried to be the best of the group, by giving correct answers all the time. After the training we had an exam, it wasn't hard. But I know myself by now, if I say it was alright, I fail. So if I say I failed, maybe it can mean I passed? We will see, we will get a mail if we failed. So I won't be looking through my inbox in the next 14 days lol.

It had alot of knowledgement about oil. Yes oil. An important issue. To be precise, it's the blood of the car. And it needs to be in good shape, otherwise the car will die. And when people come to a petrol station and want to buy some oil, we need to know exactly which oil to put in the car, just by looking at the bottle and information of the car.

Did you knew that you shouldn't put water in your coolant department? It can have 4 reasons.
  1. It can freeze
  2. Sclerosis
  3. Rust (Oxidate)
  4. Vaporise
And did you knew that the most dangerous thing to do around the filling station.... isn't smoking? Not even using your mobile phone, but static electricity! When you wear a sweater made of wool, and you take it off, you always hear it, feel it, and sometimes see it! It's that spark that can ignite the fuel!
Did you knew there are two main types of gas? LPG and CNG? Liquid Petrollium Gas and Compressed Natural Gas. And the difference between those two, the biggest one, is the atmosphere/pressure. I only know it in bars, but LPG has a pressure level of 5-6 bar, whilest CNG is compressed to 200 bar! Amazing! CNG is very explosive, but not efficient when it comes to usage. It uses more CNG than a normal petrol car. But the gasses that leave the exhaust are cleaner. Is it worth it? Nope.

And that there are 2 big institutes who decide a lot in the petrol industry? They are called the API and ACEA. API stands for American Petrollum Institute and ACEA stands for European Automobile Manufacturers Association. They came up with class systems, in terms of oil.
  1. TYPE A = Benzine
  2. TYPE B = Diesel
  3. TYPE C = Benzine and Diesel (with filter)
  4. TYPE E = Heavy Diesel transport
And that you can't put a ELF Solaris DPF 5W30 in a German car? Other manufacturers are fine, just not German one's. The good oil is ELF Solaris LSX 5W30. The difference is 3 letters, but makes a big change!

Interesting stuff? I think so. But you must be bored by now. I will stop. I just want to say to the firm: thank you for re-educating me!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten