dinsdag 21 juni 2011

The Dentist....

I don't like the man. Well, not personally. But I hate his job. My dentist is really a nice guy. I went there yesterday to get a filling, and he always makes time for a nice chat.

But he wanted to use a syringe, to numb my face. Sorry matey, no way. I don't like syringes. I'd rather suffer the pain and agony. When he first helped me with a temporary filling, he had to use a syringe, because he said "this is really painfull without anaesthesia". Because my nerve inside my teeth was visible. Normally they are covered, but the hole was so big, he could see and touch it. When he touched it the first time, I nearly passed out. So anaesthesia. But not yesterday. Wish I did it. My God, I really passed out. He started with the first bit of the filling, and he had to push it in really hard, and by doing that, he touched the nerve. And he had to do that 3 times! But he was gentle with me, he warned me before he did it. I was happy, but not ready for so much pain. 


But why is it, that you never see ugly assistents? The woman standing beside him all the time yesterday, she was a nice woman. She monitored my breathing all the time, and when I was in pain, she reminded me to breathe. She didn't wanted me to be the first to die in his seat! Imagine that. Dead in a dentist seat. "How did your husband die?" "Ow, he went to the dentist!" Hahaha.

I hate it, when I have my mouth wide open, and saliva keeps dripping down the side of your mouth cheeks. Bleh. I am embarrassed every time that happens. But I can't help it, he has got his hands and tools inside of my mouth, and she is using some kind of sucking device, to pick up teeth debris.

Am I the only one who sits in the dentist chair, and thinks "I need to move my hands or feet, just to let them see I am alright, that I am strong enough for the pain?" I always think that. But I hate it when my arm of foot gets numb too, because I've been on his chair too long. And one other thing, when the chair is straight up, and you sit down, they always lower the chair, for him to do his job properly. Am I the only one who always thinks that I will slide of the chair? Stupid chairs.

Why do I always wonder about stupid things? Who does the dentists teeth, when he is in pain? His son! But would his son be a proper dentist, and charge him too? I doubt it. When I need to refuel, I don't get any discount at all. Cheeky sods. I need to go to work.

Hope you have a good day, and if you have a dentist appointment today, or soon, just go! Make sure your teeth are alright! Don't be a numbnut and let your teeth go to waste.

1 opmerking:

  1. Hey, I've been pondering the same thing after reading your blog. Where do dentists go when they want their teeth done? Do they dread meetings as most people do? Or since they are dentists themselves maybe they can better channel their thoughts. Hmm...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen