zaterdag 14 mei 2011

I hate you!!!!!

Blogspot. I hate you! For not being able to let me typ my blog. I can't remember if I wrote a blog yesterday? Stupid of me. Do I care? Nope!

Today was a good day! Not for my neighbours, we will come to that in a minute. But back to today. I woke up at 8 o'clock Holland time. Not American time, or England time, but Holland time. I've had an appointment with people, who would come to check my boiler. This happens every year. Maintenance check. It was alright, only took them 45 minutes to finish. I wanted to poop, or do the dishes, but with them walking around the flat, it would be akward. And no hot water. Grrrr. Horrible. But when they left, I went back on doing what I normally do, f**k all. Browsing the Internet, looking for everything and nothing. Yesterday I looked at the video on youtube of that bloke who did the Evolution of Dance. Not that watching it would improve my life, but I was bored stiff. Or the best beatboxer. Wow. Wild life I lead.

But this morning, while browsing, I looked into my "Rock"  folder on the computer, and found a Korn track, which amazed me. I couldn't believe it, brought back memories. From the 90s. So I went on looking further and found a Limp Bizkit album on the computer aswel! I got into Rock Mode today, Rammstein all the way. And yes, I can grunt. I have a low voice when I can. When I am in any mode, if it's Rock of Hardcore mode, I will sing and dance while doing stuff. It brings me joy!

Like the song I've got on right now, United States of Whatever. It's such a horrible but so funny song! My throat goes bonkers, but like I care. It makes the dishes dissapear quicker!

But when I put all the music on the USB stick, and plugged them into the stereo, it made me think about the good ol' 90s. When we all watched MTV for the music, and not for the shitty 16 shit they have on right now. It was ground breaking stuff they aired. It was always a good channel! And the 90s was all about buying singles. When you saw the video, you bought the single. Or heared it on the radio. Nowadays it's so unpersonal (is that a word?). You download it. No connection anymore with anybody. So weird. You heared a song and you wanted to have it yourself, so you went and bought it. You supported the artists, and also the busdriver. You made sure that the song was in your posession. It was yours, and you were proud of it!

In those days, I didn't had a portable CD player, but a cassette player. So I always made mixtapes. Which were amazing. I can tell you stories about them. Ok, one story. Tiesto is a world famous DJ, and back in the days, he was one of the first DJ's who did a concert. A whole concert, based on the DJ. Now it's normal, but then it was new. I stayed up all night, recording it on cassettes. I stayed all 8 hours next to the radio, it was an event which had never been there before. I was part of it, in a way. Now, you just download it. Click, save, and play. Where is the interaction with the music? Who gets excited when they open the case, and look into the booklet? Who always digs deeper into the artist, without going onto Wikipedia? Or go on a website with the songlyrics? Back in those days, you didn't needed to. You would sing it your way. The artist may have pronounced it differently, but you didn't care. You sung so loud, even though it didn't made sense.

The 90s were brilliant. They made the music industry big. In the early stages, back in the 60s, it was different. It was a different kind of industry. In the 90s it grew to a beast. We all had several CD's in our collection. We went out to buy a CD every month, to be up to date with the styles. Like the NOW collection, we have Hitzone in the Netherlands. You wanted to have the whole collection. The passion for music has left, and changed into a digital version of it. I hate the digital love. Not digital music. But the music business. I hate it when you can download an album only on Itunes. I don't have it. I hate the digital world for it! I hate it!

I've watched videos earlier online, to get the MTV feeling back. Back into those days, were we wanted to watch videos whichs were amazing. Nowadays videos need to be shockingly expensive. And who pays for it? People who don't have a feeling with music anymore. People don't know when an artist, who sings on a CD perfectly, sings crap when it's live. Live isn't like it used to be. We want to see music, instead of getting touched by it. Damn you MTV, for changing the world! I hate you......... and blogspot!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten