dinsdag 10 mei 2011

My gran was here....

yesterday. The first time ever in my flat. She had never been before, because she lives in Rotterdam, and while Grandad was alive, they couldn't. Grandad wasn't alright. He could drive, but we were more afraid of something happening while driving. But now he left us all (RIP Opa) and mum offered to pick her up (she offered before, but they never did, they didn't wanted to become a burden). She came two days ago, or was it three days ago? I can't remember. She is here till thursday. So that's good!

She loved the flat. Loved it. She said "you always said the neighbourhood was shit, but if you compare this to Rotterdam, this is luxurious!" "For this amount of rent, you get to live in area's in Rotterdam no one wants to live in". It's true, I pay a few euro's a month, but it's low compared to Rotterdam. A bigger city, a bigger pricetag on stuff. So I live in a cool area! I would never live in Rotterdam, don't like people from there!

She had a coffee, and started talking about everything. Mostly with mum about people they both knew. Mum lived in Rotterdam till she....erm.... got grey hair? I don't know. She lived and worked with her mum aswell. So she knows a few people. So it made me look like a fool, sitting there not having a clue what they were chatting about. But that's normal. She also spoke about grandad. It made me sad. If he would have been alive, the family wouldn't be torn like this. The family is fucked. Really fucked.

But I don't care about others, when they don't care about me. So fuck 'em. We all understood that. But then she talked about Indonesia, where my family comes from, where my roots are. My grandad was born there, so my roots go back into Indonesia. She always wanted to go with the kids to the place where "papa" was born, his country. All the other kids have been already, but not mum. She is going next year with gran and my dad. If you look at my mum, you can tell she has other roots. But my dad is as white as a sheet. That will be funny. Not that he cares, he has been in more countries on this world than anybody else.

She then started to talk about her holidays to Indonesia. And funny stories. She had one, which made my stomache turn, and my eyes water! OMG that was funny.

I don't know where she was at that moment, but in those area's you can get stomache problems, which are caused by the weather and the food. At one point, she sat in the car with Christien, my auntie. And she felt that her stomache was going nuts, that feeling you have before you actually go for a poop. But obviously there aren't as many toilets over there. They stopped, she went to a booth that looked like a toilet, and rushed through the doors, and found...... a hole in the floor. That's normal over there, but not here. She bended a bit, to pull her underwear down, and she pooped all over the wall! Not in the hole, the wall! So hard! OMG I am still laughing. She showed me what position she was in while doing it! Hahahahaha!

She then got hold of some water, and tried to get it off the walls! She called Christien, and she said "mum, how could you?" Well, when you have to, you have to! They both stormed out, but then a man called them, saying "pay for toiletuse". Gran payed, and the man said "no, two people". Pfew, that was good, if he would walk in, he couldn't point out who pooped on the wall! Christien or gran! And yes, later that day, they saw the toiletman again, and he looked at Christien and gran with a look on his face, which could kill people.

OMG I laughed out loud. I really did. It was so funny. Mum couldn't stop laughing too! I miss gran already. She is here at mums till thursday, so I will visit her before she goes back! Maybe I'll have some stories to tell!

Here a picture of gran and grandad:

Shit quality tho, I am sorry. I miss you grandad! Your wisdom will never be lost!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten