zondag 22 mei 2011

Me and Music (part 3)

Yes, part 3. It's just useless, Blogspot. Complete failure. Hope you have watched the video's. I did put effort into it, you know. I know some people who read the blog might think "I ain't gonna watch this shit". Ok, I get your point. But do it for yourself. Imagine me at the beginning of a new century, waiting outside the Amsterdam Rai (it was snowing), waiting for the gates of heaven to open. And after going in, a whole new world opened for me. A world outside rave music a.k.a. Hardcore. This was Techno, Club, Garage etc. More music styles for me to embrace. And I did. It was the first time I got hooked on Garage, but I've only realised it why I got this passionate about Garage the last 2 years. It's because I've had that moment before. Without realising it, it all took part. I was there, when Garage was HUGE. Not in the same country as where it all came from, but hey, do I give a fuck?

Innercity, OMD. A good party. Definately. I saw good DJ's perform, but also a crap one. The Green Lizard. What a c**t. OMG. King twat. Yes. You couldn't hear the music at all, he was shouting down the microphone so hard. He got boo-ed all the time. Complete failure. Utter twat.

Obviously I went the next year too. Those big parties only happen once every year, if you got lucky, maybe twice a year. I went to Mysteryland 2001 too, which was a good party. The music was amazing, the weather good (it was in the summer). The prices were acceptable then, now the prices are too high. Artists are overpayed? YES.

But then..... Sensation White 2002. A friend of mine who worked at NedCar with me, said I should go with him. I did, and got hooked on Trance music. Trance music. Yes, I was in a state of Trance the whole night. I couldn't rave that hard, because I've experienced a scooter crash weeks/months before, and my back was completely ruined. I was doped on paracetamol and ibuprofen. The DJ's were good, not all of them. One so-called SuperDJ, DJ Jean, played crap. Utter crap. Bleh. I was glad when his set was over.

Let's see if I can find a good ol' picture! Give me a minute. A MINUTE I SAID. NOT A SECOND!

Those were the days. You should have been there. Are you listening to the video's, while reading this blog? You should. Marco V is turning the table right now, the people are going mad. I know I am. I look like a retard right now, but I was there, and you weren't. So ner.

I can talk about every party I've been too, but that would just take ages to typ, and for you to read. So I'll just talk about another part of my music history, which happened not so long ago. When I was a few years younger, I adored everything Ministry of Sound related. They had the best of the best CDs. And I bought all of them. Not all of them, I'm not a millionaire. Maybe one day..... And then, I bought the Annual 2009. Two CDs and one DVD. I never watch music DVDs, I hate that. I don't want to see videoclips of it, I want to let my brain produce an image, not some stupid video. But one day, I went behind the computer, and thought "why not?" It would be a shame not to watch it, I payed hard cash for it. And I did. All crappy video's, except the last one. DJ Q feat MC Bonez - You wot?. I thought "WTF is this? You wot? I wot what?" I didn't get it. The music was weird, but cool. Nice bassline, and the MC was alright. Never mind, DVD back in the case.

Months later, I saw The Sound Of Bassline CDs, which were a bargain. 2 for 14 quid. Meh. Why buy it? I didn't knew one artist on it.......... wait....... Hey, there's this DJ Q thingy. I need this one. Yep. I'll buy both of them. It has bass, I hope? I bought them in the UK, and when I got home, I forgot about the CDs, didn't even pay much attention to it. But one day I decided to listen to it. And I got hooked. Again and again. More and more. Woohoo. I like! Where is the Facebook "I LIKE" button when you need it?


Yes, I am happy now. I liked it alot. Got more and more information about the style. More mixtapes downloaded. I think I've got more UKG music, if you compare it to Hardcore or Hardstyle. It's so addictive. And still I go mad.

One day, I went on the internet (when will I not?) and found a website where they had radiosets. I never knew DJ Q had his own programme. I downloaded a few, and found a special one. It wasn't his, but a repeat of a UKG Soundclash. I missed that too. It was a show full of oldskool Garage tracks, and wow, it brought back feelings. Good feelings. Those feelings you have when your belly rumbles. Yep, those feelings. I love them. I got hooked. Addictive like crack. Never stop this feeling.

Some people might say it doesn't suit me. But I don't care, music makes me a happy dutchman. And without music, like can be miserable. Music enlightens. It brings a smile on your face. Doesn't matter which style it is. You feel happy, or sad. That's the power of music. Music brings people together, no matter what skincolour you have. Black or white. The power of music is bigger than faith. Yes I am saying it. And it is true. Do you care if you are clubbing with other religious people? Or people who are not religious? No you don't. You care about the music. The music is power. They say knowledge is power. Don't know about that. Does it make me a world leader? Do I become a special person for knowing the Pythagoras formula? No.

Music is power. Now you know. And also my music history. Hope you listen to music and enjoy music like I do. Let's all enjoy it. Get your favourite album/mixtape/cassette and play it now! OUT LOUD! AND SING WITH IT! (depends if it does have vocals: if not, don't sing) DANCE. EXPERIENCE THE POWER OF MUSIC.

I'll be back

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten