zondag 15 mei 2011

Let me tell you something.....

I don't like today and tomorrow. I don't like it. I have to go on a nightshift, whilest they are working on the A2 and the shop is closed. I don't like it. I'll be all on my own. And I have to wake up goddamn early, because of my dentist appointment. Bleh. But I've got to go. My teeth look like Quasimodo's teeth, all fucked up. Oops, sorry. I'll rephrase that. My teeth are f**ked up!

And how weird is that? I've just called my parents, because I knew they had an dentist appointment tomorrow too, at the same dentist. But I didn't knew when. But now I know. They go in at 3, I go at 3:15! How funny is that! I see them again tomorrow lol.

But it ain't tomorrow yet. It is today, and I hope it will be a good day! What should I do today?? What should I write today?? Let me think for a second.

I SAID A SECOND! I'M STILL THINKING!!!!

I'll talk about my history. My England History! Maybe you want to know, how I get to know England so well. It started a few years ago, when my dad asked me if I wanted a workholiday. He knew that Fantasy Island in Skegness were looking for staff, because he builded two rollercoasters there, the Millenium and the KitKat Oddesy. So that's how he knew. I thought about it for a second, and said yes! Why wouldn't I? It would be an experience. So I went there, without having a clue what I was going to do. I didn't knew where I was going to stay etc. I stayed at someone's trailer, but got kicked out, because I took some girls to the trailer after 12 o'clock at night, which wasn't allowed. I stayed at someone's house, which was cool too! I quickly got a name around there, and they gave me the name Joey. Joey you might think, is completely different if you compare it to my real name. I'll tell you why!

I used to work at a trainstation in the South of Limburg, and someone said there that I looked like Jerry Lee Lewis, with my glasses on. When I said to the people from Fantasy Island that my nickname was Jerry, I couldn't prenounce it correctly. After trying to explain it to them that it was Joey, and not Jerry, I thought why not give it a go. So my nickname there was Joey.

I worked at Fantasy Island for two summers. I had to go back to the Netherlands, because I worked here too. But I always wanted to stay there for longer, because it was sad saying goodbye to them all. Had so many good times. Even celebrating my birthday in style, in a club! Well, not a posh club like Ministry of Sound, but a local club. I raved all night, got so drunk, but I didn't care. I was enjoying myself! Let's see if I got a picture from that night:



Yes I was wasted that night, as you can see! Good times, as I can remember. Can't remember why Laura was crying. Maybe I punched her in the face, but it must have been an accident. OMG I was wasted. Unbelievable. But it was my day! It was so amazing that they kept on requesting songs, because of my birthday. It was then when I got hooked on Eric Prydz's song, Call on Me. Couldn't stop dancing to it.

I went there two years in a row, and had so much fun. The payment was good, colleagues were great. So many memories. And I think I went back in 2008, just to have a look, not to work. And a lot has changed. Sadly, not alot of members from back in the days were there. They all left. A few stayed, but most of them left.

Back in the Netherlands, I was watching Comedy Central one day, and saw a trailer for "Two Pints of Lager and a packet of crisps". I liked the humour immediately, so I thought "why not watch it?" After several shows, I went online, to look for pictures, videos etc. And then all of a sudden I found a website, where they had a forum, and it was all about the show. I became a member, and a whole new world opened for me. Met alot of new people online. It was amazing. And they came up with an idea, a barbeque. But in England. I never met them before, I was so freaked out. I would drive for hours for a bloody barbeque. Should I do it? But then I thought "Fuck it, just do it". And I did. Have a lot of good memories. Met alot of them. And that's why I have a special thing with people from the UK. They are special.

I went to the BBC two times, I think. Met new people there too! But that will be a new blog next time. Or maybe I should talk a bit more about those people. But not yet. I am bored, my fingers hurt. And my bed needs to be made. So, au revoir, as the French would say!

1 opmerking:

  1. Ik ben blij dat je gekomen bent naar Engeland voor de barbie, in het bijzonder de moeite waard je gezicht zien toen ik voorbij u op de snelweg! Ik hoop dat neten niet al te lang voordat je terug bent in het land

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen