dinsdag 31 mei 2011

It's a weird morning....

after a weird night. I had a good night sleep. And that is weird. Not completely weird. I sleep whenever I can. But I can't sleep when it's thundering. Yes, I am scared.

And I have to be honoust to you, I've been lazy today. Got to write a blog, but then I got .... erm..... bored? No I wouldn't say that. But I simply couldn't be arsed to typ a blog. But I've started one, so I should finish it.

Happy birthday dad, it's his birthday today. He is getting old. More grey hair... well, a few more grey hair (where he has it anyway!). Hope he has a nice day.

So I went to my mum for a cake. He wasn't there obviously. Back in China land again. But the cake was good. And me and mum had a nice conversation. We are normally not the type of people who have a convo about anything, both of us would get annoyed, and start talking about bullshit. We would never finish a convo. But today we did. Thanks to the Beeb. They had a Queen documentary yesterday and the day before about Queen, and it was amazing. The big rock concerts, Live Aid, everything was shown. It was brilliant. Must be the best band ever. Not every track is great but ey, can you name me a band that has the same status as Queen? Nope. So ner.

I was never a great fan of Queen, thanks to my mum. She annoyed me as kid, by playing it time and time again. I can sing along all their songs. And when you are a kid, you turn into a rebel. So that's why people always think I hate the music, but secretly I don't. Lol. Do you know what I am saying?

It was a completely different world back then. It is amazing to see all the footage of their concerts, like in Budapest, in Wembley Stadium, etc. Can't see an artist perform like that in the present future. No one can beat that. It's sad that Farrokh Bulsara a.k.a. Freddie Mercury died, but maybe in a way that's good. What would have happened to the band if he would have stayed alive? Would they still be the best band ever? Would people get annoyed, and leave them? Who knows? But the legacy remains. Until eternity. He is part of the best band ever. Yes I know, Chas and Dave and Madness are good, Hayley, but not that good. They can't rock my socks.

Sex Pistols? Led Zeppelin? David Bowie? Neh, I am not that old and rusted. Queen is cool! Deffo. Kids nowadays don't know what music is. They all think an artist is an icon, but they shouldn't. They should adore the music he/she creates, not the person. I would never want to be Freddie Mercury, his teeth were fucked. His moustache was ridicilous, and his leather pants.... well. Never. Now people adore the artist instead of the music. They keep on forgetting the power of music. They don't read through the lines. Not imagining what the artist means by singing that song.

And to be honoust, if you listen to artists nowadays, it's crap to hear them perform live. Because the huge gap between their CD and performance is too big. Not alot of artists sound the same live as on CD. That wasn't a problem back in the days. Because they didn't had the equipment to fix voices. Voices were pure and unaltered. Now you can record your voice and sounds like a dolphin, if you want too.

Bring back good music. Queen rocks!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten